Motorcyclists have a higher risk of being hurt or killed compared to occupants of other vehicles. Unfortunately, most of these motorcycle accidents are not caused by motorcyclists but by the failure of other drivers to recognize and detect motorcycles in traffic. Motorists put motorcyclists in danger by following them too closely, which results in severe injuries and deadly collisions.
Motorcycle accidents can cause severe devastation for a rider and their loved ones. To protect riders’ rights in motorcycle accidents, Kap Law works with motorcyclists to ensure they understand what they are entitled to under Pennsylvania and New Jersey law.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation requires that any person riding a motorcycle should wear protective gear (a helmet and eye protection device) except:
- Riders who are over 21 years old who have had a license to ride a motorcycle for over two years.
- Riders who are over 21 years old and have completed an approved motorcycle rider safety course.
- Passengers on a motorcycle who are over 21 years old.
Causas de accidentes de motocicleta
Negligent drivers and motorcyclists can cause motorcycle accidents. These accidents occur due to:
- Conducción distraída
- Negligent driving
- Conducir ebrio
- División del carril de la motocicleta
- Defective road conditions
Motorcyclists can take action to prevent motorcycle accidents. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, it is essential to:
- Wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing.
- Take a free training course.
- Be familiar with a bike before riding it
- Ride while sober
- Ride within the speed limit
- Wear reflective gear or attach reflective tape to the gear.
Lesiones comunes en motocicletas
When a motorcycle accident occurs, motorcyclists have limited protection, even with protective gear. This leads to catastrophic injuries. The most common motorcycle injuries are:
- Head injuries: injuries to the head caused by the impact of the crash resulting in medication, surgery, cognitive rehabilitation, or physical therapy.
- Road rash: skin abrasion caused by contact with the road or other rough objects in an accident.
- Broken bones: minor or severe bone fractures caused by a forceful crash.
- Spinal cord injuries: injuries to the spine caused by the impact of the crash.
- Muscle damage: damage to your muscles due to a violent crash.
- Regardless of the severity of the accident, you are entitled to legal representation and adequate compensation.
* Según la ley de Pensilvania, tiene dos años a partir de la fecha de su accidente automovilístico para entablar una demanda contra el conductor culpable.
¿Cuánto dinero puedo recuperar?
A motorcycle accident can cause significant financial setbacks due to medical expenses and other unforeseen expenses. Under the law, you are legally entitled to economic and non-economic damages.
- Facturas médicas
- Daño a la propiedad
- Salarios perdidos
- Gastos médicos futuros
- Pérdida de la capacidad de ganancia futura
Daños no económicos
- Dolor y sufrimiento
How Kap Law can help you with a motorcycle accident claim
It is important to seek medical attention and concentrate on your recovery after a motorcycle accident. As such, Kap Law will take charge of all legal issues concerning your motorcycle accident and get you the compensation you need. We believe that motorcyclists have a right to use the roads in our states like every other motorist, and we will protect your interests with a motorcycle accident claim.
Kap Law specializes in motorcycle accident compensation claims to acquire compensation for our clients. We have a dedicated team of experienced experts ready to defend your rights. We are not intimidated by big corporations and insurance companies. Kap Law works tirelessly to fight for the maximum compensation that you deserve. Contact us today to get the best personal injury attorney for top-rated motorcycle accident claims representation.