Being involved in a car accident can be very traumatic, especially if you have suffered serious injuries. Car accidents often have life-changing effects on the parties involved. If you have been in a car accident, it is important to seek immediate medical assistance first before contacting a lawyer.
If you or a family member has been involved in a car accident, contact Kaplanlaw.com for professional help to get the rehabilitation and compensation you are entitled to. If any form of accident causes you harm, you are legally entitled to compensation and rehabilitation. Kap Law takes on any form of an accident to ensure you are compensated for your injuries as you recover mentally and physically.
What should you do when you are involved in a car accident or road traffic accident?
Pennsylvania is one of the 10 US states with the most fatal car accidents. With these statistics, knowing what you should do after an accident is important to secure your interests.
- Record the details of the other party at the scene of the accident. The details you need are the vehicle registration number, the driver’s name, address, phone number, and insurance details.
- Report the accident to the police immediately. If this is not possible for any reason, report the accident in person as soon as possible. In Pennsylvania, you are required to file a report within five days. The report will include all of the pertinent information from the car accident.
- Take the details of any other involved parties and witnesses.
- Contact your insurers.
- Contact a car accident lawyer/attorney.
Should I hire a car accident lawyer/attorney?
Getting into a car accident in Pennsylvania or New Jersey is not something you would want to go through. Knowing that you have a professional handling all the legal matters as you recover is quite reassuring. Hiring a car accident lawyer to handle your case optimizes your chances of getting the compensation you deserve and reduces stress levels to make recovery easier. Even if you encounter a minor accident, Kapl Law will:
- Help you get medical attention from the best doctors in the area.
- Negotiate with your insurers on your behalf.
- Calculate the damages to maximize your potential compensation.
- Represent you in court.
- Assign the best experts in car accident cases in Pennsylvania to handle your case.
*Under Pennsylvania Law, you have two years from the date of your car accident to bring a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
When should you contact a car accident lawyer?
From the moment the accident occurs, it is important to contact a car accident attorney in order to ensure that you have the best legal advice as you follow up on the case. A professional attorney will give you the best legal representation as you recover. Car accidents can be stressful; it is important to ensure that you have someone professionally taking charge of the case so that you can get the compensation and rehabilitation that you are entitled to.
At Kap Law, we ensure that our clients get:
- Appropriate medical attention.
- Your accident report.
- Support and guidance as you navigate the hurdles with your insurers.
Common car accident injuries
- Whiplash: a neck injury due to forceful and rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck commonly caused by rear-end car accidents.
- Concussion: a traumatic injury to the brain caused by a strike, blow, or jolt to the head. It can also be caused by the violent shaking of the head due to the sudden impact of a car crash.
- Broken bones: sustaining broken bones (the clavicle, pelvic bone, fibula, cranial, etc.) due to the impact of the car crash.
- Back and neck sprains/strains: the whipping motion caused by the forceful impact of a car crash causes neck and back pain.
- Face and head injuries: facial fractures and trauma to the head caused by the impact of the car crash.
- Disfigurement: lacerations or permanent wounds that cause scarring and noticeable changes in the appearance of a car accident victim.
- Bruising and cuts: when a victim bleeds or gets damages to blood vessels and capillaries that cause blood to leak around the damaged blood vessels.
How much money can I recover after a car accident?
Getting into an accident is bad enough, but you do not have to cover the costs of recovery and rehabilitation if you are not at fault. Under Pennsylvania and New Jersey law, you can recover economic and non-economic damages.
- Medical Bills
- Property Damage
- Lost Wages
- Future Medical Expenses
- Loss of Future Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
- Punitive Damages
How Kap Law can help you with your car accident claim
Kap Law specializes in car accident claims to acquire compensation for our clients. We have a dedicated team of experienced experts ready to defend your rights. We are not intimidated by big corporations and insurance companies. Kap Law works tirelessly to fight for the maximum compensation that you deserve. Contact us today to get the best personal injury attorney for top-rated car accident claims representation.